We have included a tentative schedule for the wedding weekend. We are also included some highlights of the weekend. All of these times are subject to change, but this is the current plan to the best of our knowledge. We are so excited to spend this special weekend with all of you.
Friday, February 12th
- 9:00-11:00- School Visits: We will be spending Friday morning visiting with educators from New Orleans. Even though schools are out on Friday, February 12th for Marti Gras week we will have the chance to 'ghost walk' through the classrooms at Firstline Schools, a successful charter network in New Orleans and share best practices with network teachers and leadership.
- 8:30-2:00 am- Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties: Hanging around Bourbon Street, listening to Jazz on Frenchman there is so much to see and do around the city. Join Joe and Emmy at various party locations around New Orleans. Both groups will convene around midnight at our favorite bar, Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop (941 Bourbon Street). Meet at midnight by the candlelit piano!
Saturday, February 13th
- 11:00-1:00- Rehearsal Brunch: Members of the wedding party will participate in a rehearsal lunch at the famous 'Court Of Two Sisters' (613 Royal St). This lunch will be followed a wedding rehearsal at the Royal Sonesta at 1:00.
- 6:00-8:00- Private Ghost Tour: One of our favorite New Orleans experiences is participating in the Haunted History Ghost Tour. This walking tour of the French Quarter takes you through the history of the most haunted city in America. With stops and stories throughout the French Quarter you will get to see New Orleans in a whole new light.
- 8:00-11:00- Pre Wedding Party: We have rented a bar for the evening as a convening space for all our guests. Many of our friends and families will not have met each other until this wedding weekend. We want to provide as many opportunities for our favorite people to gather and get to know each other. Join us for an evening of fun and friends at the Bourbon O Bar (730 Bourbon St).
Sunday, February 14th
Current Tour Attendees (updated every few days)
15. Libby Graff
16. Vi Hoyem
17. Steve Hoyem
18. Heather Lirette
19. Katy Colburn
20. Claire Molina
21. Josh Shaw
22. Xheni Llaguri
23. Gary Belleville
24. Marie Belleville
25. Smokey Spitz
26. Lois Spitz
27. Jeff Seaton
28. Paige Isaacson
29. Zoe Rind-Ryan
30. Dennis Ryan
If you are not one of the first thirty individuals to sign up, you may also purchase general admission tickets for the public tour at Reverend Zombie's Voodoo Shop (723 Saint Peter St.) for $25 per person. Tours leave daily at 5:30 and 7:30.
The Band- Rewind
The Rewind Band plays hundreds of covers ranging from 80s rock, pop, punk, the blues, and several other musical genres. We would like to give guests the opportunity to help us set the playlist. Just visit the Rewind Band website listed below, check out their song list, and complete the electronic form included below to give us some feedback on what you would like to hear.
Help Us Build The Set List
In the space below, list off your three must hear songs. You can click on the link to see the full list of songs that Rewind can play. Hit submit and let us know your favorites.
The Photographer- Casey Spring
We are lucky to have Mr. Casey Spring as our wedding photographer. Casey is a long time friend of Emmy's from Kalamazoo and we are fortunate to have him joining us for the entire weekend to document not just the wedding night, but all the events leading up to the ceremony and reception. Check out his website listed below to see some of the photos taken from previous events.
The Second Line- Smitty Dee's Brass Band
Our second line brass band will lead us through the streets of the French Quarter. This New Orleans tradition will allow the entire wedding celebration to travel amidst the streets of New Orleans with Smitty Dee's four piece brass ensemble leading the way.